Student Academy Awards Mission
The Student Academy Awards (SAA) recognizes and honors student filmmakers who demonstrate excellence in the creation of motion pictures. By awarding these outstanding achievements, the Academy strives to support and inspire emerging filmmakers and to foster growth and education in the art and science of motion pictures.
Student Academy Awards Rules
1. The student filmmaker must be enrolled as a full-time student in a degree-granting program at a college or university recognized by the SAA Executive Committee as indicated by the “Student Academy Awards School Eligibility” criteria.
2. Entries must have been made in a teacher-student relationship within the curricular structure of the teaching institution.
3. Entries must be submitted no later than one year from the date of graduation and include the student’s faculty adviser’s endorsement.
4. Entries must be motion picture works that have been completed and submitted between April 1, 2014 and June 1, 2015 (Eligibility Period).
5. Entry content may not be altered once submitted for Student Academy Award consideration. (Do not submit work in progress.)
6. Entries must be submitted online through the designated SAA submission portal on or before close of business on the last day of the above defined Eligibility Period.
7. Advertising films, promotional films, and films made as works for hire are not eligible.
8. Entries submitted for the Academy Awards competition (regardless of the outcome) are not eligible for entry into any subsequent SAA competition.
9. No entry may be longer than 40 minutes including opening and closing credits.
10. All entries submitted must be in English, subtitled in English, or dubbed in English.