The Foundation is formed exclusively for charitable and educational purposes of awarding scholarships to deserving and qualified students in engineering, business, information systems, plant, line or distribution technology, line worker or other curriculum related to the electric energy industry.
The applicant must be a high school senior, high school graduate or college undergraduate. In addition you must fulfill ONE of the following:
1. Be pursuing or plan to pursue an electric industry position certificate or associate degree at a college (community college, 4-year college or a 4-year university).
2. Be pursuing or plan to pursue an undergraduate degree with intent to pursue a career in the electric energy industry.
3. Each applicant will be a U.S. citizen.
4. Students who have been selected to receive a scholarship in previous years are eligible to reapply.
5. Students who are currently working as a coop or intern will be eligible for consideration as a scholarship recipient. When attending school, all students must be taking the minimum number of semester hours that the institution requires for the student to be considered full time.
6. Students who are receiving tuition reimbursement from their employers are not eligible for a scholarship.
How Recipients Are Chosen
A Selection Committee of the RMEL Foundation reviews all applications and selects the recipients. You will be considered for all categories by filling out the application. The same criteria is used for both categories in the selection of recipients. The selection criteria are:
1. Goals and aspiration in the electric energy industry
1. Motivation to succeed
3. Service to community and school
4. Academic ability