Each year, NPG offers a variety of Scholarship Contests for students across the country. Contestants are invited to answer a population-related challenge, with their own experience and insight guiding their ideas for a solution. Contests are open to high school seniors, as well as currently-enrolled college undergraduates. Winners will receive a designated scholarship amount, paid towards undergraduate tuition at the accredited college or university they attend.
Thanks to the generous support of NPG members and various foundations, we are able to provide this annual program to support the education of America's next generation of leaders.
1. Entries must be received by 11:59 PM EST on April 19, 2019 through NPG's official submission webpage. Those received after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Winners will be announced online at www.NPG.org by July 8, 2019.
2. Document must be in MS Word or an MS Word compatible file to be considered, (Google Docs will not be accepted), and include the entrant's name, address, email, and telephone number. Letter should be between 500 and 750 words, in 12-14 pt. font. Only the body of the letter will be considered in the word count. If cited sources are included, they are not included in the word count.
3. Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident.
4. Applicant must be a senior in high school or a college freshman, sophomore, or junior enrolled in an official undergraduate program of study for the Fall 2019 semester. Applicant must be 14 years old or older.
5. Applicant must be enrolled in or attending an accredited school within the United States, or operated overseas by the U.S. government, for the Fall 2019 semester.
6. No purchase or contribution is required for entry. Neither membership in nor contributions to NPG will enhance the chances of winning.
7. Essay must be the original work of applicant.
8. Applicant must sign and date the Application Form. (A parent or guardian signature is also required for all applicants under 18.)