Eligibility: Open to students entering their first year of study in any direct-entry undergraduate degree program at the U of S. Candidates must:
1. Have achieved an admission average of 90% or greater
2. Be residents of Saskatchewan
3. Have graduated from a Saskatchewan high school
4. Provide documentation attesting to having devoted an average of at least 2 hours weekly over 40 weeks during the prior year to compassionate activities, including but not limited to assistance to or visiting of isolated aged, weak, infirm or disabled persons in their homes or community residences; or tutorial assistance to socially disadvantaged or physically disabled children; or community service, together with two testimonials to this effect
5. Provide documentation attesting to having devoted an average of at least 2 hours weekly over 40 weeks during the prior year to participation in individual or team sports and/or physical activities, together with two testimonials to this effect.
Selection: Selection is based on academic achievement and submitted documentation in a weighting of 8 (academics): 1 (compassionate activity): 1 (sports or physical activities).
As a condition of accept this award, recipients will be required to authorize the University to release such information as is allowed by current University policies and existing privacy legislation.