The University of Ottawa is committed to creating rewarding academic initiatives for our students, strengthening our community, and improving the quality of life of all Canadians. We acknowledge the importance of challenging students from the first day of their academic careers and of providing opportunities essential to the full development of their potential.
This high-profile and coveted student award will enable both French and English-speaking “rising stars” from across Canada to develop the competencies necessary to nurture their inquisitiveness and intellectual talents. The Jean Chrétien Scholarship attracts the brightest students whose ideas and energy will have a positive and lasting impact on the community and our country.
The applicant must:
1. have Canadian citizenship or permanent residency;
2. be admitted as a full-time student, for the first time, in an undergraduate Political Science or Public Administration, French or English, program;
3. have a minimum 92% admission average;
4. submit an up to date resume which demonstrates leadership qualities and commitment to academic and extracurricular activities;
5. submit an 800-word essay on a past or current event associated with political science or public administration.