1. Scholarships shall be provided by the BCSSCCTFA to any successful applicant of a school team affiliated with the BCSSCCTFA.
2. Scholarships shall be awarded to students proceeding from Grade 12 to any post secondary institution approved by the Scholarship Committee.
3. Candidates must complete the application in full and provide all required information, documents and letters in order for their application to be considered.
4. Scholarships may be conditional in that a part shall be paid on registration and the balance at the successful completion of that persiond necessary to complete a year’s credits.
5. This is a CROSS COUNTRY and TRACK and FIELD scholarship and a candidate must have proficiency in Track and Field or Cross Country at the BC High School Provincial Championships.
6. A candidate must demonstrate good citizenship, character and leadership.
7. A candidate must have a minimum “C+” average in his/her marks or the capability of being accepted by the University or post secondary institution of his/her choice.
8. The following must accompany the application:
a. A letter from the Principal certifying the candidate’s character and ability.
b. A transcript of the student’s marks or a photocopy of the Permanent Report Card verified by the Principal’s signature will be accepted.
c. A letter from the Coach or Member of the high school staff indicating the candidate’s character, leadership and participation in school and community activities as well as information regarding the candidate’s Track and Field or Cross Country ability.
d. A letter from a member of the community writing on behalf of the candidate in regards to his/her leadership qualities, community activities and character.
e. Two recent photographs (head and shoulder shots).
9. The candidate’s primary sport must be Cross Country Running or Track & Field in order to be eligible.