The B.C. Secondary School Badminton Association offers scholarships to 2 participants in this year’s Provincial Tournament and 2 that did not qualify for the Provincial Tournament. They will be distributed to one girl and one boy in each category. The value of these scholarships will be determined by the funds that are available, but will generally be $200 each. Only students graduating will be eligible to apply.
For those applicants who are successful, the funds will be paid out when proof of registration at a Post Secondary Institution is submitted to the Scholarship Committee of the Association (note the deadline below).
Each school may nominate one boy and one girl and each application must be forwarded with the following information in order to be considered:
1. Scholarship – The academic standing of all subjects taken in grade 11, plus the marks on the most recent report card.
2. Badminton – A summary of his/her contribution to the team (usually by coach).
3. Citizenship – A character reference from two staff members.
4. Service – Any service work the student has done in the school or the community.
5. Personal Letter – A letter explaining the applicant’s financial need.
Application Deadline is May 14 of the year in effect.