The Yukon Teachers' Association offers this $750.00 scholarship to one outstanding graduate of a Yukon high school. The recipient should conform to the following criteria:
1. The award will be made on the basis of scholarship. A minimum standard will be deemed to be an overall average of 75% with 66% as the lowest acceptable subject mark.
2. The award will be made without regard to subject area so long as University entrance stranding has been achieved.
3. Where more than two candidates are judged of equal worth, financial need may be taken into consideration.
4. Preference in awarding the scholarships will be given to a graduate who has completed the major portion of their training in the Yukon educational system and who are about to enter a College of Education or a College of Arts and Science leading to combined studies in a College of Education.
5. An award of $500.00 or more would render an applicant ineligible if he/she has received notice of that award before receiving a YTA Scholarship.