To provide Alberta residents with the opportunity to acquire education and training to enter into the profession of librarianship and to ensure the availability of professionally qualified people to contribute to the development of library service in the province.
1. Residents of Alberta for six months prior to application date or prior to the commencement of the first year of study.
2. Applicant must be entering the first or second year of a full-time library study program in the same year that the application is made.
3. Applicant must be a personal member of the Library Association of Alberta prior to applying.
4. Applicants who have not been awarded previous LAA assistance will be given first consideration.
5. Only one award or scholarship will be awarded per applicant per year.