1. The applicant must be a Canadian resident or Canadian citizen.
2. The applicant must be registered full-time at an accredited post-secondary institution in Canada.
3. The applicant must intend to have a career in public transit.
4. An individual may apply in one region only. Duplicate applications will disqualify the applicant.
5. An individual may only win an award once.
1. Five (5) $2,000 scholarships will be awarded.
2. One scholarship will be awarded within each of the identified regions.
3. Scholarships are cash prizes that can be used towards educational expenses.
4. Applications must be received no later than 16:00 EST on Friday, August 1, 2008.
All originals (except verifications of full- time enrolment) must be received by post by the deadline. Faxes, emails, and late submissions will not be considered.
5. Winners will be selected by regional committees using a standardized assessment form. In the event that there are no applicants from a region or that the applications received do not meet the minimum expectations, the scholarship money will be divided into two (2) $1,000 awards to be given to the TWO next best qualified applicants from 2 different regions. These two next best qualified applicants will be selected by the Scholarship Assessment Committee.
6. To ensure consistency in the Scholarship selection process, a Scholarship Assessment Committee will be assembled to review applications from all 5 regions. The Committee will be chaired by the Vice-Chair of the Human Resources Committee.