1. The applicant must be a full time student in an accredited post secondary program in the field of Geomatics (the program must have a Hydrographic Survey or Ocean Science component) in a university or technological college anywhere in Canada. Other programs may be deemed eligible at the discretion of the Manager of this award.
2. The award will be available to undergraduate students in a degree or diploma program that conforms to the basic subject topic. The applicant will be required to submit a transcript of his/her most recent post secondary marks at the time of application. The marks must indicate an upper level standing in the class and under no condition less than 70%.
3. The award will be presented to an applicant who can demonstrate a bona fide financial need, coupled with an above average academic performance as stated above.
4. The applicant will be required to write a short paragraph explaining his/her financial need in a clear, concise manner on the application form or, if necessary, attached piece of paper. The importance of this aspect of the application is emphasized.
5. The award application will be submitted to the Canadian Hydrographic Association by June 30 each year and to the address in item 11 below.
6. The value of the award is $2,000. There is one award only each calendar year. Only the winner will be notified.
7. The successful applicant will be issued with a special Hydrographic Association Certificate, duly framed, at the time the award is made. He/she will also receive a medallion with the Hydrographic Association Crest and have his/her name mounted on a perpetual winner's plaque. A picture of the plaque, duly inscribed will be mailed to the winner along with the $2,000 cheque during the second week of July.