One scholarship of $5,000 will be awarded annually by the Government of Alberta to a young Albertan performing artist who shows extraordinary talent and potential and who demonstrates clear educational or training goals.
NOTE: One scholarship will be awarded to one of the performing arts eligible for this program in a three-year annual rotation: music, theatre, and dance. The 2022 deadline is for theatre applicants.
Who can apply
1) To be eligible for scholarship funding you must be a resident of Alberta. This means you:
A) Are legally entitled to be or remain in Canada
B) Have had your primary residence in Alberta for one full year before applying
C) Ordinarily live in Alberta for at least six months each year with the exception of attending a formal program of study
2) You must be 25 years or younger as of the application deadline.
3) You must be enrolled in an eligible performing arts training program.
How will my application be assessed
Staff convene an expert panel to consider all eligible scholarship applications submitted to each deadline. The expert panel assesses the merit of each application both on its own terms and in relation to all other applications received for a given deadline.
Assessment of a scholarship application is based on the following general criteria:
1) The applicant's artistic ability based on the artistic merit of the performing arts audition material submission
2) The merit and appropriateness of the proposed program(s) in the context of the applicant's performing arts goals and interests
3) The impact of the proposed program(s) on the artistic development of the applicant
4) The applicant's achievements and experience in the performing arts and the performing arts community to date