SNAME offers competitive scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students of naval architecture and marine engineering. Students with exceptional academic credentials are encouraged to apply.
Requirements and Procedures
1. APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED PRIOR TO JUNE 1 WITH ALL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION BY JUNE 15 TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
2. Open to applicants worldwide, who are actively involved members of SNAME and committed to future membership.
3. SNAME membership required at least four months prior to the application submission deadline (i.e. February 1).
4. Awards are made for one year of study leading to a Bachelor of Science degree in naval architecture, marine engineering, ocean engineering, or in other fields directly related to the marine industry.
5. Applicants must not receive their bachelor's degree prior to April 15 of the academic year they are applying for scholarship.
6. Undergraduate scholarships may be awarded to an individual only once, and applicants remain eligible for a graduate scholarship.
7. Applicants must provide evidence of sound academic achievement with a transcript of grades including Grade Point Average (GPA) scores and/or class standing (giving class size and standing).
8. Applicants must give evidence of their passion for naval architecture, marine engineering, ocean engineering and/or other marine field, as well as of their professionalism, commitment and prior and ongoing involvement with SNAME by submitting a supporting essay of 500-600 words.
9. Selection is in July based upon Scholarships Committee recommendations and Executive Committee approval.
10. Scholarship funds may be used for student tuition, textbooks, academic fees or other academic related expenses for study and research.