For 27 years, Georgia United Foundation has offered an annual high school scholarship to members planning to attend college or technical school. Named for the credit union's founder and notable board members, the program offers an opportunity for students to showcase their scholastic achievements and creativity through a video competition.
To apply, submit a 1-minute video answering the question, "Georgia United and Georgia United Foundation was founded on the principles of supporting the community through education. How are you going to use your education to help your community?" Additional consideration is given to academic achievement, demonstrated leadership and financial need.
Entries will be accepted through February 28, 2021, 11:59 pm. Submissions will be reviewed by the scholarship panel and recipients will be announced in April. Good luck!
New this year: Two additional scholarships to better serve you and to honor board members who passed while serving on the Board of Directors.
$30,000 IN SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AWARDED IN SIX OPPORTUNITIES:
1) Vernon E. Carne Scholarship for $10,000
2) Geraldine Tilson Scholarship for $5,000
3) Polly Hinde Scholarship for $5,000
4) Dorothy Dusenberry Pirkle Scholarship for $5,000
5) Monsignor Stephen Churchwell Scholarship for $2,500 (New)
6) T. Randall Dennis Scholarship for $2,500 (New)