The purpose of these two (2) scholarships are to provide financial assistance to qualified and deserving students attending post-High School educational/training institutions and who plan to enter the construction industry in their professional careers, including but not limited to contractors, skilled trades, and engineering.
Funding: The AGCVA Valley District Construction Scholarships are funded by the AGCVA Valley District and each annual scholarship will be $1,000.
1. Applicant must be a citizen of the United States.
2. Applicant must be a full-time high school student or full- or part-time student if enrolled in a post-high school institution.
3. Applicant must be applying to or currently enrolled in an accredited institution including technical/training centers, community colleges, or colleges/universities.
4. Applicant must have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
5. Previous applicants, including previous scholarship recipients, may apply every year.
6. Completed application and all supporting documents must be received by April 18th preceding the beginning of the applicant's forthcoming academic or training program.