Who Can Apply?
A) For students graduating from any high school in southern Idaho (south of the Salmon River);
B) Enrolling as a full-time first-year student at any public or private junior college, college, university, vocational, or technical school in the state of Idaho;
C) Preference given to any student who has resided in Gooding or Camas County for at least one year prior to application;
D) Some scholarships will be based on financial need, while others will be based both on need and academic achievement.
Required Application Materials
A) Copy of your most recent unofficial college transcript
B) A written statement (no minimum/maximum length) addressing the following:
1) Describe your educational, career goals and objectives;
2) Describe extra-curricular activities, awards, honors, and/or offices held;
3) Describe some of the jobs you have held and indicate if you presently are employed, or if you plan to work while attending college;
4) Describe some of your community service achievements;
5) Describe your hobbies and interests
C) Full copy of FAFSA Report;
D) Two letters of recommendation describing your character, personality traits, and academic achievements. One must be from a teacher, counselor, or school administrator from the school you are currently attending; and one must be from a community leader, employer, or family friend (not related to you);
E) 1-2 page essay (single spaced, 12-point font) explaining why you should be considered for this scholarship. Please explain what steps you will take to achieve your educational and career goals and how this scholarship will help.