The New England Newspaper and Press Association awards up to 10 scholarships each year to aspiring journalists through the Journalism Education Foundation of New England. Our foundation strives to encourage and support young people who plan to pursue a career in the newspaper industry.
Go to Scholarship Application:
New England Newspaper and Press Association Scholarship
College students or high school seniors who are studying and acquiring work experience that will prepare them to work in the field of journalism are eligible to apply.
To qualify students must:
A) Be a resident of New England
B) Be a senior in high school planning to attend college the following year or an undergraduate college student studying journalism or a related field
C) Have a GPA of 3.0 or above
D) Demonstrate a serious interest in a career in journalism by sending:
1) a cover letter, transcript, resume or biography, letter of recommendation, AND
2) a body of published work in a school news publication, general circulation newspaper, or a similar publication AND/OR
3) a body of work prepared for a journalism class
Be Bold Scholarship
The $25,000 "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply.
To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most...
$1,000 De Novo Scholarship
To be eligible for the De Novo Scholarship:
A) You must be at least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US.
B) You must be a legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico....
To be eligible for the Nitro Scholarship you must be:
A) A student who is currently enrolled as a high school senior or in an accredited college or university located within the United States;
B) A parent who...
$1,000 Ascend Scholarship
To be Eligible for the Ascend Scholarship:
1. You must be at least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US.
2. You must be a legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico....