The AMVETS Ladies Auxiliary Scholarship Grants have been established to recognize need and reward academic achievement and potential of students, to stimulate recruitment of wellqualified candidates for careers in our society today and to reflect the interest and involvement of its members. Scholarship grants will be judged and awarded at the AMVETS Department Convention, held during the month of June. At least one (1) Scholarship grant will be awarded with a minimum amount of $500. Identical or lesser amount of Scholarship grants may be awarded when finances permit.
1) The applicant must be a member of AMVETS, AMVETS Ladies Auxiliary, Sons of AMVETS or a spouse, child or grandchild of a member of the AMVET Family.
2) Applicants must be a high school graduate by June 30 of the application year or be attending an accredited college or university leading to a degree.
GUIDELINES FOR APPLICATIONS:
1) Applicant must complete the application provided in a legible manner. Type or print please.
2) Statements of financial need must be completed. If applicant is (or was) employed, he/she must submit a W-2 form.
3) List the financial aid provided by parents or guardian.
4) The following documents MUST be submitted by May 24, 2019, directly to the Department of Michigan AMVETS Ladies Auxiliary Scholarship Officer:
a) An official transcript (with raised seal) of applicant's most recent high school or college transcript available for this year with cumulative grade average and total accumulated credits or notarized high school equivalency certificate with scores.
b) If transcript does not reflect graduation from high school, a letter on official school letterhead reflecting graduation by June 30 must be submitted.
c) A self-generated computerized transcript is NOT an official transcript and will not be accepted.
5) If applicant is a first year student, a letter of acceptance on official school letterhead from an accredited college or university must be submitted.
6) Proof of eligibility - copy of applicant or sponsor's membership card.
7) All applications must be sent to the Department of Michigan AMVETS Ladies Auxiliary
Scholarship Officer postmarked no later than May 24, 2019.
1) 40% - Financial need: Information on application regarding financial need.
2) 35% - Scholastic: Scholastic transcripts of semester average with all courses taken in previous years with explanation of grading system.
3) 25% -Goals: Information from the personal data.
All applications will be judged by the Scholarship Committee consisting of active AMVETS Ladies Auxiliary members. Winners will be announced at the AMVETS Ladies Auxiliary Department Convention in June. Checks will be mailed to the recipient(s) within 3 days of the close of convention.