The Midwest scholarship program will award fourteen (14) scholarships. Any candidate applying for a scholarship will only be eligible to win one of the aforementioned scholarships.
A graduating senior in High School who will be enrolling in college for the fall semester, or a First, Second or Third year student currently enrolled in a full accredited North American College or University. Applicant must be a full time student in good academic standing. Applicants must be members of the AIST Midwest chapter or the dependent of a member of the AIST Midwest chapter.
An impartial Scholarship Committee not connected with the AIST Midwest Chapter will select scholarships on a basis of merit.
1) The scholarship must be used at an accredited North American college or university.
2) The student must start or be continuing in the course of study, at the college or university, in the fall of the same year the scholarship is awarded.
3) The AIST Foundation will forward the scholarship stipend, as a lump sum, to the college or university for deposit in the account of the student.
4) In cases where the student's studies or admission are delayed or interrupted for any reason, the Secretary must be advised immediately, and may result in forfeiture.
5) Students may reapply each year for the term of their college education.
1) A current resume with work experience and any extracurricular activities, noting any leadership positions.
2) Two (2) recommendations or evaluations from a Counselor, Teacher or Professor must be included with the application. Note: If not available by 31 January, these will be accepted via email up to 15 February.
3) A brief essay (1 to 2 pages) describing the Student's objectives for College and Career must be submitted with this application.
4) Copy of SAT/ACT scores.
5) Copy of current high school or college transcripts.