At The Levin Firm, our Philadelphia car accident attorneys value education and helping those in need. We also understand that school can be a significant expense and know how hard it can be for students and their families to make ends meet. Between housing, tuition, books, and school supplies, the cost of attending college or graduate school can easily rise into the tens of thousands of dollars, if not more. In an effort to make things a little easier for students and their families, we are pleased to be offering a bi-yearly $1,000 scholarship to individuals who are currently attending or planning on attending an accredited United States college or graduate school in the near future.
In order to apply for the Spring 2018 scholarship contest, applicants must submit a 500+ word essay on the following topic:
More than 60 percent of private sector work deaths in the construction industry during 2015 were due to falls, being struck by object, electrocution, and caught-in/between accidents. What measures do you think construction companies should take – or what new safety standards should be implemented – to help lower the instance of these incidents?
The application guidelines are as follows:
1) Essays must be received by February 15, 2018 9 AM MST.
2) Applications should be emailed to email@example.com in word format (.doc / .docx), links to Google Docs or PDFs will not be considered
3) Applicants should include their name, address and phone number.
4) The applicant should state where they are currently attending or planning to attend school in the body of their submission email.
5) No additional information should be included.
6) Once the application deadline has passed, the essays will be reviewed and judged based on the following criteria:
A) Responsiveness to the question
B) Grammar and style
C) Thoughtfulness and originality
D) The persuasiveness of the arguments presented
E) Use of proper citations