The Mission of the Washington County Fair Association is to promote and encourage agriculture, horticulture and home economics through the exhibition of related products with a principal goal to support youth activities thru education and scholarship. Because of our mission, we offer an annual scholarship program. Each year, over 20 scholarships are awarded to exceptional local youth seeking a college education. In order to be eligible for the scholarship program, youth need to fill out and submit the PDF form.
Go to Scholarship Application:
Washington County Fair Scholarship Program
1. Be a U.S. citizen.
2. Submit a one-page essay on the impact the Fair has had on you.
3. Have participated in the Washington County Fair.
4. Furnish a letter of recommendation from a teacher or principal.
5. Provide college entrance exam scores and copy of high school transcript.
6. Must be a high school graduate and plan to attend an accredited school of higher education or professional training within 5 years.
7. After enrolling, proof of enrollment must be sent to the Fair Association and funds will be paid directly to school.
Be Bold Scholarship
The $25,000 "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply.
To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most...
$1,000 De Novo Scholarship
To be eligible for the De Novo Scholarship:
A) You must be at least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US.
B) You must be a legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico....
To be eligible for the Nitro Scholarship you must be:
A) A student who is currently enrolled as a high school senior or in an accredited college or university located within the United States;
B) A parent who...
$1,000 Ascend Scholarship
To be Eligible for the Ascend Scholarship:
1. You must be at least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US.
2. You must be a legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico....