The Mission of the Washington County Fair Association is to promote and encourage agriculture, horticulture and home economics through the exhibition of related products with a principal goal to support youth activities thru education and scholarship. Because of our mission, we offer an annual scholarship program. Each year, over 20 scholarships are awarded to exceptional local youth seeking a college education. In order to be eligible for the scholarship program, youth need to fill out and submit the PDF form.
1. Be a U.S. citizen.
2. Submit a one-page essay on the impact the Fair has had on you.
3. Have participated in the Washington County Fair.
4. Furnish a letter of recommendation from a teacher or principal.
5. Provide college entrance exam scores and copy of high school transcript.
6. Must be a high school graduate and plan to attend an accredited school of higher education or professional training within 5 years.
7. After enrolling, proof of enrollment must be sent to the Fair Association and funds will be paid directly to school.