South Dakota Farm Bureau is dedicated to agriculture in our state. This scholarship is to celebrate youth that have a passion for agriculture and their rural communities. We want to award scholarships to youth who are planning on returning to rural communities to work. Applicants can choose to be considered for an agriculture-focus or community-focus scholarship, depending on their major and/or experience with agriculture.
1. Applicant, applicant's parents or guardians must be a current member of South Dakota Farm Bureau, and must have been a member for 2 years.
2. Must be accepted by an accredited school of higher learning and planning to study a minimum of one year as a full-time student.
3. Must be 17 years of age or older, a high school graduate or a college freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior. If still in high school, must have an expected graduation date of Spring.
4. Applications from high school seniors must include a copy of most recent ACT score. All applicants must include current transcript with grade point average.
5. Graduate students are not eligible for this scholarship.
6. Scholarship is applied toward tuition fees only and will be awarded after the first semester.
The following information will be considered in selecting Scholarship recipients:
A) Work experience, leadership abilities and involvement in activities.
B) Agriculture impacts all areas of our daily lives. How will your chosen career path affect production agriculture or rural America?
C) Academic performance, honors, and ACT score.
D) Two CURRENT letters of recommendation, (1 Academic, 1 Personal) with the authors contact information (phone and email), that demonstrate the student's moral character and potential for successful completion of a course of study. Letters must be dated.
Please include with your application:
1. Official high school transcript and ACT scores, or current official college transcript.
2. Current resume that highlights work experience, involvement in school and community activities and leadership roles. (Example at www.sdfbf.org)
3. Completed answers to 3 scholarship essay questions (included on the application form).
4. Two dated letters of recommendation.
5. A copy of the Letter of Acceptance from the qualified school you are planning to attend. College students, please include a letter from qualifying school confirming your enrollment.