The Darwin Bryan Scholarship Fund was established in 1985 in honor of Darwin R. Bryan whose enthusiastic leadership during his 37 years of service to the organization has been an inspiration to rural youth throughout Ohio. The scholarship fund assists students who have been active in the Farm Bureau youth program and/or whose parents are Farm Bureau members.
1) Applicant must be a resident of Ohio.
2) Applicant must be enrolled in one of the following courses of study:
a)An accredited high school program, with personal plans to pursue a degree as a full time student in an accredited two-year technical school or four–year college or university program.
b) A course of study leading to completion in an accredited GED program, with personal plans to pursue a degree as a full time student in an accredited two-year technical school or four–year college or university program.
c) An accredited two-year technical school.
d) An accredited four-year college or university program.
e) An accredited graduate program.
3) Scholarship monies will be paid directly to the applicant after submission of their respective transcript detailing their grades for the first quarter or semester for the 2015/16 academic year. Transcript must show that the Applicant/Scholarship Recipient maintains a 2.5 GPA in their chosen course of study.
4) Applicant /Scholarship Recipient may reapply annually.
5) While the Applicant does not need to be pursuing a degree directly connected to a school and/or college of agriculture, they must explain how a particular aspect of the field of agriculture or community development (food production, scientific research, education/outreach, marketing, policymaking, advocacy, leadership development) pursued by the applicant benefits from her career plans.