This memorial nursing scholarship fund was established in 1989 at the VFW State Convention in honor of their Sr. Department Commander (1987-88), who passed away while still in office.
Go to Scholarship Application:
Jack E Barger Sr. Memorial Nursing Scholarship
Reserved specifically at least one of the following:
1. Active duty service member
2. U.S. veteran;
3. The child or spouse of a veteran or active duty service member.
In addition, the recipient must be a resident of Pennsylvania, an undergraduate student, and is required to attend the local VFW district meeting to accept the scholarship award.
* Responsibility to document the veteran/active duty status of the candidate will rest with the student and is required if the student is selected as a scholarship recipient.
Be Bold Scholarship
The $25,000 "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply.
To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most...
$1,000 De Novo Scholarship
To be eligible for the De Novo Scholarship:
A) You must be at least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US.
B) You must be a legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico....
To be eligible for the Nitro Scholarship you must be:
A) A student who is currently enrolled as a high school senior or in an accredited college or university located within the United States;
B) A parent who...
$1,000 Ascend Scholarship
To be Eligible for the Ascend Scholarship:
1. You must be at least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US.
2. You must be a legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico....