The Women's Army Corps Veterans Association Scholarship has been established to recognize relatives of Army Service Women.
This scholarship is based upon academic achievement and leadership as expressed through co-curricular activities and community involvement. A $1500.00 scholarship will be given annually. The recipient will be notified by mail or email. The check will be forwarded to the acceptance institution.
Eligibility and selection criteria:
1. Is a United States Citizen.
2. Is a high school Graduating Senior, showing academic promise, with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale. Include a letter from the high school attending, with transcripts.
3. Submit a biographical sketch and letter stating goals and how the scholarship will be used.
4. Applicants must plan to enroll as a full-time student at an accredited college or university in the United States in pursuit of a degree course of study.
5. Applicants must be a child, grandchild, niece or nephew of an Army Service Woman, and must submit documentation of sponsor's military service.
6. The Scholarship Committee will use the following criteria for selection:
a. Academic achievement.
b. Leadership ability as expressed through co-curricular activities and community involvement.
c. Biographical sketch.
7. Application material must be postmarked no later than midnight: 1 May in the (current) year in which the scholarship is presented.