As one of 10 kids raised by non-English speaking parents, Glenn Armentor and his family battled poverty throughout his childhood. Glenn was destined to live a life as a defendant in courtrooms rather than as an attorney. His destiny changed thanks to the guidance and generosity of others, some of whom were total strangers. Glenn has never forgotten their faith in him, which is why he created the Glenn Armentor Pay-it-Forward Scholarship Program.
Every year, hardworking at-risk high school students from our community are awarded a $10,000 scholarship to pursue higher education and change their lives. Recipients are selected by an independent panel of community leaders based on a combination of attributes, including student performance, drive, ability, need, desire to seek a college degree, and more.
1. Must be an incoming freshman from an Acadiana Parish (Lafayette, Iberia, St. Martin, Acadia, St. Mary, Vermilion, St. Landry and Evangeline)
2. Must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
3. Must have an English ACT 18 and Math ACT 19
4. Must have a 2.5 cumulative core high school GPA on a 4.0 scale
5. Must be admitted to UL Lafayette
NOTE: Consideration will be given to a student who has contributed through community services; who is "at risk" by virtue of family or economic situation. "At risk" will be defined as a student with at least one of the following factors: financial hardship, emotional stresses, environmental negatives, or family circumstances.