NCJW|LA's Scholarship Program provides financial assistance to students living in and attending school in the Greater Los Angeles area. We are proud to make an impact in our community by supporting Angelenos in their pursuit of a higher education. Applicants of all backgrounds without bias in regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity, sexuality or national origin are encouraged to apply.
Starting in Fall 2019, our application is now online! Every applicant can apply for TWO scholarships. Please review the descriptions and requirements for our Scholarships to determine which scholarships would be best for you. Scholarship amounts are listed in parentheses next to the descriptions.
1) Singerman- Nosseck Childcare Scholarship: Applicants must be a parent or guardian, entering or continuing school in an accredited institution in order to learn a marketable skill, which will lead to economic self-sufficiency. The award is not restricted to any field or academic program, as the award is intended to ease the financial burden of childcare. ($1,000)
2) Dodell Women's Empowerment Scholarship: Applicants must be re-entering or continuing school in order to learn a marketable skill which will lead to economic self-sufficiency. The applicant must identify as a woman and be 25 years of age or older. ($1,000)
3) June Miller Nursing Education Scholarship: Applicants must enrolled in, or accepted to, a degree program in nursing. Some units toward the degree are preferred, but not required. ($2,000)
4) Inger Lawrence-M.R. Bauer Foundation Nursing Studies Scholarship: Applicants must be enrolled in, or accepted to, a degree program in nursing in the Greater Los Angeles area and/or and University of Nevada Las Vegas. Some units toward the degree are preferred, but not required. ($2,000)
5) Sherman & Frances L. Teller Teaching Credential Scholarship: Applicants must be a K-12 educator pursuing a multiple or single subject TEACHING CREDENTIAL (includes special education and ESL). The applicant must be enrolled at a University of California or California State University campus in the greater Los Angeles area and/or University of Nevada Las Vegas. ($2,000)
6) Stephen L. Teller & Richard Hotson TV, Cinema, and Theater Scholarship: Applicants must be a full-time student enrolled in a COMMUNITY COLLEGE Film/ Television/ Cinema/ Theater program, and preparing for a career in film, television, or theater production (not acting). Applicant must have completed 12 units of classes in their school's Film/TV/Cinema/Theater program. ($1,000)
7) Richard V. Hotson, Jr. and Stephen L. Teller Scholarship For LGBTQ+ Students: Applicants must identify as LGBTQ+ and be enrolled full-time in an accredited institution in the Greater Los Angeles area or at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. ($1,000)
8) The Edith Lawrence and Frances Lawrence Teller Vocational Student Scholarship: Applicants must be a full-time student enrolled in an accredited vocational or trade school, pursuing certification in a specified area. ($1,000)
9) Jeffrey A. Tidus Scholarship For Healthcare Professionals. Applicants must be accepted to or enrolled into a post-graduate program in the healthcare field (Nursing, Physician Assistant, MD, DO, Mental Healthcare worker). Special consideration will be given to students who are first generation in their family to attend college. ($5,000)