The Ray Greenly Scholarship is open to sophomore, junior and senior undergraduates and graduate students enrolled full-time at any accredited U.S. college or university (regardless of NRF member status) when the scholarship is awarded in October 2015.
To apply, you must:
1. Applicant must be a sophomore, junior or senior or a graduate student who is enrolled full-time at any U.S. college or university when the scholarship is awarded in October 2015.
2. Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or a legal U.S. resident eligible to work in the United States and at least eighteen years of age (nineteen (19) years in Alabama, Delaware and Nebraska; twenty one (21) years in Mississippi).
3. Applicant must have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale.
4. Applicant must submit a high-resolution color headshot, at least 300 dpi in jpg or tif format. Photographs will be used for promotional purposes to feature recipients.
5. Applicant must submit a completed application package, which includes the following: case study project, two essays, resume, transcript, one letter of recommendation and signed certification form. The case study and essays must be original work of and drafted solely by the applicant.
6. Selected applicants must attend the 2015 Shop.org Summit in Philadelphia, PA, October 4 – October 6, 2015 (“Summit”), otherwise, the Scholarship funds including the travel funds will be rescinded and the school will promptly return the Scholarship and travel funds within five business days of the end of the Summit.
7. Scholarship finalists must be available to interview with executives on Sunday, October 4, 2015, otherwise, the Scholarship funds including the travel funds will be rescinded and the school will promptly return the Scholarship and travel funds within five business days of the end of the Summit.
8. Employees, officers and directors of National Retail Federation and its affiliates and their immediate families are not eligible to apply for or to receive the scholarship. In addition, 2014 Ray Greenly Scholarship finalists are not eligible to apply for or to receive the Scholarship.
About the Scholarship:
Ray Greenly was Vice President of Research and Member Services for Shop.org, the digital division of the National Retail Federation, before losing a year-long fight with cancer in the fall of 2005. The Ray Greenly Scholarship provides financial support to students pursuing a degree in fields most relevant to digital retail such as engineering, computer science, marketing, business, e-commerce and economics.
NRF and a panel of retail executive judges are searching for students across the country who have the creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and forward-thinking to create new ways to connect retail customers to brands and products.
Recipients will be ambitious, curious, adaptable and have the potential to impact the future of digital retail. Students do not have to be in a retail program or major to apply, but should be able to explain how their chosen major is relevant to digital retail.