The Arizona Leveraging Educational Assistance Partnership (AzLEAP) establishes a state and institutional partnership to provide student financial assistance in the form of need-based grants to low-income, undergraduate, Arizona resident students who have demonstrated substantial financial need, enabling students to attend postsecondary institutions in the State of Arizona. The grant is awarded by each participating institution. The maximum AzLEAP award for the academic year is $2,500 however; the average amount awarded is $1,000 for the academic year.
Minimum Qualifications for Student Grant Awards:
1. Must be a U.S. Citizen or an eligible noncitizen
2. Must be a resident of Arizona
3. Must be enrolled at least half-time as an undergraduate student in a regionally or nationally accredited Arizona postsecondary institution
4. Must have substantial financial need (be eligible for the Federal Pell Grant) as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
5. Must maintain satisfactory academic progress as determined by the institution