Four scholarships of $2,500 each are awarded to high school seniors who plan to major in any field other than nursing. The winners MUST attend a Virginia college or university. Students applying to a Virginia community college transition program leading to a four-year degree and students who are home-schooled are also eligible to apply.
The Applicant shall:
1. Be a student in the senior class of an accredited Virginia high school or home school program.
2. Plan to continue his or her education at a Virginia college or university.
3. Plan to work toward an undergraduate degree in a field other than nursing.
4. Be eligible to apply if he/she is an applicant to a Virginia Community college transition program leading to a four-year degree.
The Applicant must submit the following in the order listed (no paper clips or staples):
1. Cover Sheet for DAR Scholarship Application with the signature of the applicant.
2. Virginia DAR Scholarship Application
3. Transcript of high school grades (may be submitted in a sealed envelope)
4. A letter by the applicant (maximum of 500 words) describing career objectives and reasons for desiring the scholarship
5. A letter of recommendation from a teacher or guidance counselor (may be submitted in a sealed envelope)
6. Virginia Scholarship Financial Need form (may be submitted in a sealed envelope)
1. All required forms, transcripts and letters must be received in one envelope.
2 .Electronic applications are not permitted.
3. Award is based on merit and financial need.
4. The award must be used in the year in which it was granted.