Other Transport Equipment Operators and Related Workers - What They Do

Employment Requirements

1. In general, you usually need some high school education or a high school diploma.

2. You usually receive on-the-job training.

3. You may need experience in your area of work.

4. To be a railway yard worker, you need a specific level of the Certificate of the Canadian Rail Operating Rules.

5. To be a boat operator, you need a Transport Canada certificate.

6. To be an air transport ramp attendant, you usually need a driver's licence and a good driving record.

Essential Skills

1. Machinery

2. Physical/outdoor work

3. Following directions