Managers in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
A. Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of an establishment providing services such as dry cleaning, hairdressing or residential cleaning, or a school providing non-vocational instruction in driving, languages, music, dance, art, cooking or fashion
B. Establish or implement policies and procedures for staff
C. Plan and control budget and inventory
D. Respond to inquiries or complaints and resolve problems
E. Manage contracts for advertising or marketing strategies
F. Hire, train and supervise staff.
1. Other services (except public administration) - 39.0%
2. Administrative and support waste management and remediation services - 19.0%
3. Information and cultural industries - 5.0%
4. Arts entertainment and recreation - 4.0%
1. You usually need a high school diploma.
2. You may need a college diploma or, if you are managing a school, a vocational certificate in your course of instruction.
3. You usually need one to three years' experience.
4. Most recent entrants have an undergraduate university degree and almost 2 in 5 have a community college diploma.
3. English (Communication)
4. Family Studies
Hourly wages ($20.76) are close to the national average ($18.07). These earnings are below average for occupations in the sales and service sector. These wages grew at a below-average rate from 2002 to 2004.