Your job outlook will continue to be Average because:
1. The employment growth rate will likely be average. However, technological advances, such as robotics and computer controls, will likely increase productivity, reducing demand for crane operators.
2. The retirement rate will likely be above average and the number of retiring workers should contribute to job openings.
3. The number of job openings will likely exceed the number of job seekers. This will not be significant enough to have an impact on the work prospects.
Career Related Questions
What is a day in the life of a Crane Operators like?
Crane operators perform some or all of the following duties: A. Operate cranes mounted on boats or barges to lift, move and place equipment and materials B.... more
What education do you need to become a Crane Operators?
1. Completion of secondary school is usually required. 2. Completion of a one- to three-year apprenticeship program or High school, college or industry courses in crane operating... more
What is the current Job Outlook for a Crane Operators?
The job outlook for Crane Operators is considered Average because: 1. Employment grew at a below-average rate. 2. The retirement rate is above average, and the number... more
What is the future Job Outlook for a Crane Operators?
Your job outlook will continue to be Average because: 1. The employment growth rate will likely be average. However, technological advances, such as robotics and computer controls,... more
How much does a Crane Operators make?
The average hourly wages for Crane Operators is $21.59/HR, which is close to the average for occupations in the trades, transport and equipment operators sector and close... more
What is the currently unemployment rate for a Crane Operators?
7% of Crane Operators are unemployed. This rate is close to the average for technical, professional, and skilled occupations. more
How many Crane Operators are employed part-time?
2% of Crane Operators are employed only on a part-time basis. There were 13,000 workers employed in these occupations in 2004, a decrease of 10% since 1997. more
- How many Crane Operators are self-employed?
Roughly 4% of Crane Operators are self-employed. This is considered Average for the industry as a whole. more
What is the average age of a Crane Operators?
The earlier-than-average retirement age (60) combined with an expected older-than-average age (43) of worker will likely result in an above-average retirement rate to 2009. more