The job outlook for Plumbers is considered Average because:
1. Employment grew at an average rate.
2. Hourly wages ($20.41) are close to the average ($18.07), and the rate of wage growth is close to the average.
3. The unemployment rate (5%) is close to the 2004 average (7%).
Career Related Questions
What is a day in the life of a Plumbers like?
Plumbers perform some or all of the following duties: A. Read blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine layout of plumbing system, water supply network and waste and... more
What education do you need to become a Plumbers?
1. Completion of secondary school is usually required. 2. Completion of a four- to five-year apprenticeship program or A combination of over five years of work experience... more
What is the current Job Outlook for a Plumbers?
The job outlook for Plumbers is considered Average because: 1. Employment grew at an average rate. 2. Hourly wages ($20.41) are close to the average ($18.07), and... more
What is the future Job Outlook for a Plumbers?
Your job outlook will continue to be Average because: 1. Although the retirement rate will likely be average, the number of retiring workers should contribute to job... more
How much does a Plumbers make?
The average hourly wages for Plumbers is $20.41/HR, which is close to the average for occupations in the trades, transport and equipment operators sector and close to... more
What is the currently unemployment rate for a Plumbers?
5% of Plumbers are unemployed. This rate is close to the average for technical, professional, and skilled occupations. more
How many Plumbers are employed part-time?
4% of Plumbers are employed only on a part-time basis. There were 28,700 workers employed in these occupations in 2004, a decrease of 7% since 1997. more
- How many Plumbers are self-employed?
Roughly 17% of Plumbers are self-employed. This is considered Average for the industry as a whole. more
What is the average age of a Plumbers?
The retirement rate to 2009 will likely be average reflecting the age/retirement structure of the occupation. more