1. You need some high school.
2. To be a mail and postal clerk or mail sorter, you may need a high school diploma and some college office administration courses. With experience/additional training, you may move up the ranks to become a supervisor or facility manager.
3. To be a letter carrier at Canada Post Corporation, you receive between two weeks and one month of training. With experience/additional training, you may move up the ranks to become a supervisor.
4. To be a courier, messenger or door-to-door distributor, you need to be eligible for bonding and may need to be physically fit. You may be able to move into either a clerical or delivery driver position in the company and, with experience, may move up the ranks to become a supervisor.
5. Many recent entrants have either an undergraduate university degree or a community college diploma.