1. In general, you usually need a high school diploma.
2. You may also need experience as a labourer, machine operator helper or as another type of helper in your area of work.
3. You may need on-the-job training.
4. To be a mould maker for concrete products, you may need carpentry or woodworking experience for working with wooden forms.
5. To be an inspector or tester, you may need experience as a machine or process operator.
6. Most recent entrants have a either a trade/vocational certificate or a community college diploma.