1. In general, you need some high school education or a high school diploma.
2. You usually receive on-the-job training for these occupations.
3. To be an aircraft assembler or inspector, you may need aviation or aeronautical technology programs emphasizing aircraft manufacturing.
4. To be an electronic assembler or fabricator, or an industrial electrical motor assembler or fabricator, you may need specialized post-secondary courses.
5. To be an inspector or tester, you usually need experience as an assembler or other worker in your field.
6. Many recent entrants have a trade/vocational certificate, and almost 2 in 5 have a community college diploma.