1. In general, you usually need a high school diploma and relevant industry or college courses.
2. You may need on-the-job training and related work experience.
3. Most occupations require training or certification in the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS), Statistical Process Control System (SPC), and other safety-related programs.
4. To be a plastics moulding process operator, you may need hydraulics, pneumatics, and electronics systems courses.
5. To be a water and waste plant operator, you must have courses in water pollution control and be certified in water distribution or treatment.
6. Many recent entrants have a community college diploma, and almost 2 in 5 have a trade/vocational certificate.