1. In general, you usually need a high school diploma.
2. You may receive on-the-job training.
3. To be a printing machine operator, you may need college or other printing courses.
4. To be a photographic film processor, you need a college or other specialized program or extensive experience.
5. To be a camera, platemaking or other worker in a pre-press occupation, you need a college program in graphic arts technology or an apprenticeship or a combination of on-the-job training and specialized courses.
6. Many recent entrants have a community college diploma, and almost 2 in 5 have a trade/vocational certificate.