1. In general, you usually need high school education.
2. You usually receive on-the-job training.
3. To be a furniture finisher, boat assembler or certain type of industrial painter, such as an aviation painter, you may need college courses or specialized training.
4. To be a plating and metal spraying operator, you may need experience in operating production machinery.
5. To be an assembler, finisher or inspector, you may need experience as a labourer, helper or assembler.
6. Most recent entrants have a trade/vocational certificate, and almost 3 in 10 have a Community College diploma.