1. In general, you need a university degree in your chosen area of engineering or in a related field.
2. You may also need a master's degree or doctorate in a related engineering field.
3. As an engineer, you are eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) after graduation from an accredited educational program, after three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering, and by passing the professional practice examination.
4. You need a licence from a provincial/territorial association of professional engineers to practise as a professional engineer (P. Eng.).
5. Most recent entrants have an undergraduate university degree.