1. To work in this field, you need a pre-law college or university program and a bachelor's degree from a law school.
2. To be a judge, you usually need extensive experience as a lawyer or law professor and continuous bar association membership. You must be a member in good standing with your provincial/territorial law societies or bar associations.
3. Judges appointed to more senior positions in a court usually have experience as judges in that court.
4. To be a lawyer, you must complete a period of articling, a bar admission course and exam, and a licence in the province/territory where you'll work.
5. To be a Quebec notary, you must complete a bachelor's degree from a recognized law school and a Diploma of Notarial Law (D.D.N.) or a master's degree of law with a specialization in notarial law and a 32-week vocational training program. You must be registered with the corporation of notaries.
6. Most recent entrants have an undergraduate university degree.