1. In general, you need some high school education or a high school diploma.
2. You may need college or other courses in your field, an apprenticeship, several years' experience, on-the-job training or demonstrated sewing/creative skills.
3. To be a furrier, you need several years' experience in selecting pelts.
4. To be a shoemaker, you must have extensive on-the-job training.
5. To be a watch repairer, you need certification in Quebec and Ontario.
6. Most recent entrants have a community college diploma.