1. You must have a high school diploma.
2. You usually need a college diploma, a university degree or other courses related to your field in combination with extensive experience/training in your field.
3. To be an assessor, valuator, appraiser or insurance underwriter, you may need accreditation or professional recognition from a professional association.
4. To be a customs brokerage business operator, you need a licence from Canada Customs and Revenue Agency.
5. Many recent entrants have either an undergraduate university degree or a community college diploma.