1. Younger volunteers' boundless enthusiasm and energy is amazing. Often, younger volunteers are a handful BECAUSE they have the energy to run circles around us older folk. OUR challenge, then, is to channel that energy and enthusiasm to benefit our organization.
2. It provides an opportunity to shape the next generation of leaders. This is your next generation of adult volunteers, decision makers, and supporters.
3. Younger volunteers provide a different perspective from adult volunteers. While they lack the experience of adult volunteers, this enables younger volunteers to stay away from mind sets like, "but, we have always done it this way". How refreshing!
4. Younger volunteers possess open minds, ready to absorb new information and ideas.
5. Younger people's minds are relatively flexible. They hold fewer preconceptions of the world, are able to accept change easily, and are ready to grow given the opportunity.
MOST VIEWED ARTICLES
The Sorbonne, University of Paris IV, has been nourishing minds since the year 1257. The institution, which focuses mainly on literature, modern languages, history, and political and human sciences, would feed any mind looking to understand the...